Underworld


It's been a while since I've seen any news on the two Underworld movies coming out next year, but I just got a look at the new trailer for Underworld: Evolution. Now I understand the Evolution name, but I haven't heard a title for the third film.
I know someone that worked on the weapons in the film and I can say there are some kick-ass looking pieces, and if you like armour, wait until you see Marcus'. From the little bits here and there that I've seen, it looks like Len Wiseman has directed an awsome sequel. I guess we'll all find out January 20th, when its released.

Comments

  1. You haven't heard of a title for the third film because, um, there is no third film in production.
    But you're right, should be a good flick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the production of a sequel was greenlit by Lake Shore Entertaimnent I heard it was for two films. This might be where the confusion came from.
    Len Wiseman's Cinema Confidential interview:
    "There’s actually a sequel and a prequel that was mapped out when we sold this film. [Co-writer] Danny McBride and myself – there was so much that we wanted to tell in this story that it was getting a bit confusing for us to map out all the history and the wars. We said, 'You know what? Let's map out a long story that would maybe span out three films and let's then be able to tell our film in the middle.' But we had to kind of map out the whole thing to get to the point where we are now because it does have a lot of layers in it. But we do want to tell a lot of that back story and I'm obsessed with going back to the Dark Ages and showing the war when it was legions of werewolves fighting an army of vampires on horseback, invading their castle. I think that would be insane visuals! So that's a bit of what the sequel is. We are already in the deal for the sequel and the studio's incredibly excited about it. I think the 15 minutes [of the sequel] will be a prequel for the sequel, much like an 'Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade' type of situation."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment